No. of Vacancies:
Job Description / Responsibility
• Must be Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food preparation, hygiene, and safety, food handling procedures, and following written instructions.
• Must be able to read and understand in English and Bengali
• To report for duty, punctually, wearing the correct uniform
• Prep work of ingredients for Senior Chefs
• Preparation, cooking and plating of simple dishes
• To assist all other chefs as and when required
• To conduct stock takes and compile stock lists to help with order requirements
• A genuine interest and understanding of food & drink
• Able to organize time effectively, forward plan and prioritize tasks to ensure work load is balanced and urgent situations are dealt with immediately. Ability to multitask
• Ability to work as part of a small team and independently and use initiative
• Able to listen and follow directions
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
• Should be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 kgs.
• High School Graduation
• Diploma in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
• A minimum of 1 year experience working within a high volume fine dining establishment as Commis Chef.
Additional Job Requirements
- Age 18 to 25 year(s).
- Demonstrate good knife skills.
- Show interest of flavor and food products.
- Show good practice in working hygienically around food.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess basic math skills.